We are seeking Developers who are passionate about solving challenging client problems with emerging technology solutions. As a CGI Developer, you will working in agile methodologies to rapidly build, test, and deploy code into production. The CGI Developer should also have the capabilities to work in and discuss functional topics.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Developers design and build software based upon software specifications and designs:
• Plan and manage the work of information systems project teams.
• Use sound software engineering principles to develop and test code that is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and understandable
• Design code and test functional components of information systems according to project specifications
• Design and manage databases
• Define information systems requirements
• Develop project documentation and user training materials according to program specifications
• Develop and execute project budgets.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or STEM related discipline.
• Understanding of core fundamental data structures, algorithms, optimization and programming skills.
• 2+ Years of Experience developing solutions in at least one of the following languages: Java, C/C++ or Python.
• 1+ Years of Experience working in Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Server Environments with scripting languages to manage and maintain environments using Bash/Shell/PowerShell.
• 1+ Years of Experience in creating complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, data structures and strong analytical problem solving skills.
• 1+ Years of experience with Git.
• Experience with DevOps concepts.
• Experience working in an Agile based environment.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Shell Script
- Agile & DevOps
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.