Job Description Are you a Software Tester who understands Agile methodologies? Are you looking to join a team of innovative IT professionals? Can you answer YES to these questions? Then keep reading…
We are looking for an innovative Software Tester to join our dynamic team. The Software Tester will help drive the team’s implementation of automated test tools; develop and implement quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures; develop and execute software test plans; work closely with the Development Team, and create various test scenarios.
– Designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
– Designing or developing automated testing tools
– Developing testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
– Documenting software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
– Documenting test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards
– Identifying program’s deviance from standards
– Identifying, analyzing, and documenting problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
– Troubleshooting customer issues related to the functionality of software applications
– Providing technical support during software installation and configuration
– Designing, developing, and maintaining applications within the cloud environment for new application development or the transition of legacy applications to the cloud environment
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– Qualified candidate will have an Active Intel Security Clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Will not be considered without one.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
– Ability to identify and report an issue or impediment
– Ability to arrange items or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
– Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
– Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality of performance
– Experience with using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
– Experience with determining causes of operating errors and the best approach to resolution
– Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
– Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
– Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
Preferred Skills and Education
– Knowledge of automated testing tools or the willingness to learn
– Knowledge of Agile methodologies
– Experience as a member of a Scrum Team
– Experience using JIRA as a Configuration Management Tool
– Knowledge of Confluence
– Previous experience testing C#, C++, Ruby, Python, or Java applications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 39244BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Dulles, VA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.