Date Posted: 2022-01-10
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a Program Management Office (PMO) Agile System Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
The Agile System Engineer provides support to the Program Office in execution of mission critical systems. The Agile System Engineer is part of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for analyzing contractor data, developing and executing ECPs, and providing technical analysis.
The Agile System Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Providing agile expertise and oversight of multiple software development activities; ensuring agile development and implementation map to government needs
• Representing government at vendor led release and sprint planning events; ensuring government and stakeholder needs are prioritized
• Providing analyses of program data to ensure that accurate status of cost, schedule, and performance of development contracts in support of monitoring and controlling the program
• Providing analysis and recommendations to the Government on implementing Agile methodologies in support of program execution to facilitate capability delivery within cost and schedule
• Providing recommendations to the Government concerning program execution
• Representing the Program Office in the customer’s program execution discussions related to current and future contracts
Engineer with knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies to include the following:
• Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines with 14+ years of experience (years of relevant experience may be subsituted for degree)
• SAFe 4.0 or higher certification
• Experience with Agile Development to include participation in scrums, development of solution epics, lean business cases, program epics, features, and user stories
• Ability to proactively engage with Agile Development teams to assess execution performance, and based on those assessments, advise Government on implementation strategies
• Provide recommendations for DevOps/Agile principles to define capability roadmaps, EPICs, Features and verifying and summarizing EPICs against a Plan
• Experience providing recommendations for DevOps/Agile process improvements and operational improvements for users of the systems
• Provide recommendations against solutions to assist in prioritizing developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries to Operations
• Expert Program Management and data analysis skills
• Experience with Space and Ground Aerospace systems engineering
• DevOps systems engineering experience
• Exceptional communication and coordination skills
• Demonstrated experience in communications and enabling skills that help others succeed
• Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
• Knowledge of customer’s mission capabilities with past experience within the IC
• Expertise in IC Program Management processes and understands lifecycle acquisition and readiness events
• Expertise in IC System Engineering processes
• Ability to support DevOps/Agile best practices including:
o Support Agile test and DevOps verification strategies and integration of initiatives in support of mission capabilities
o Coordinating CONOPs and architecture products
o Assist with translating requirements into Epics / Features
o Assessing system schedule and risks
o Assist with Readiness and Release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level milestones
• Certified Scrum Master
• Certified Product Owner
• Expert using Agile and DevOps Atlassian tool suite, i.e. Confluence and JIRA
• Skilled in developing Executive-level briefings
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.