Imagine your future at Apple: You are empowered to bring your ideas to life to build extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Your passion and dedication will propel you to extraordinary achievements at the company, where innovation and problem-solving are rewarded handsomely.
Join the AI/ML team to build the next-generation asset delivery platform. Your work will unlock new ways of running artificial intelligence and machine learning models on devices.
The Engineering Efficiency team is looking for an experienced technical leader to drive the cross-functional asset delivery platform. The platform allows for machine learning models to be delivered to billions of devices to perform text-to-speech and on-device dictation. You will drive platform development and coordinate adoption with machine learning teams. Responsibilities include crafting and implementing technology solutions to meet the business’s current and future needs, ultimately a better experience for the billions who use Apple products. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps users get things done — just by asking.
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role setting technical direction and vision for a small team
- 5+ years of engineering experience in roles similar to deployment systems, CDNs, mobile development
- Experience in systems programming on iOS (e.g. XPC, NSURLSession, etc) and networking concepts
- Experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Strong systems based reasoning
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and consultative skills, innovative in proposing solutions
Apple is hiring a Technical Leader for our Engineering Efficiency team. We’re driving an Asset Delivery generational change across our operating systems. Delivering assets (e.g. ML Models) to user devices enables machine-learning-based experiences. Speech recognition is an example that powers products like on-device dictation, voicemail transcription, and many others. You will define the future product roadmap and technical vision for the team, listen to our customers to deeply understand their needs, and drive discussions within our team and across Apple to create an experience that surprises and delights. AI/ML has a unique development skillset that needs us to reduce the complexity and drive a solution that works across billions of end-user devices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.