Air Products has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect located at our world headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania or this position may be a remote opportunity. If you have a passion for designing and creating innovative IT solutions, we encourage you to apply!
This technical position is responsible for the application design and development of solutions that use modern application architecture and cloud services. You will report to a senior manager in the IT Applications organization and will be involved in a variety of challenging IT projects. An ideal candidate would be someone with 8+ years of relevant experience and has interest in growing their skills to include enterprise architecture.
- Develop solution architecture and technical design for IT projects
- Determine technical requirements of projects to ensure that client specifications are met
- Lead and coordinate the technical tasks through all phases of a project including document the technical architecture
Coach and mentor junior developers and other colleagues in IT; facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge across the company
- Supervise and approve development and quality assurance aspects of projects
- Partner with functional and infrastructure teams in the design and implementation of solutions
- Learn new technologies and be a change agent to introduce technologies to the company
- Develop proof-of-concepts for projects, and when needed utilize advanced programming techniques for complex situations
- Learn, design and implement cross business process solutions
- Collaborate with strategic partners in solution development and enforcement of enterprise architecture
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or in a related technical field (e.g., Engineering or Science)
- 8+ years’ experience working with information technology
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience architecting enterprise scale solutions
- Broad knowledge of IT system development, IT infrastructure and business processes
- Systems level thinking – see big picture and interconnects
Familiarity with the agile methodologies and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Able to influence others without direct control
- Excellent communication, leadership and teamwork skills are required, including the ability to work independently
- Ability to lead multiple project priorities and ambitious demands
- Experience with Microsoft’s .NET Framework and Visual Studio / VS Code, using C# as the development language
- Experience with developing cloud native solutions is required
- Experience developing web applications with SOA, RESTful APIs, and microservices architecture
- Experience in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- Experience with native mobile development (iOS, Android, Xamarin) is a plus
To learn more, visit www.airproducts.com/careers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.