– CCNA Security
– Tuition Reimbursement
Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that bying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an experienced Database Administrator providing Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) database support for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) at Misawa, Japan. Candidates must be willing to support a 2 year in-country commitment from the date of expatriation.
– This facility supports operational aircraft and as such travel between operational facilities may be required.
– The selected applicant may be required to work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week as dictated by mission requirements and operational needs.
– Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful receipt of Program Special Access clearances AND, if required, completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations prior to international assignment. Training will occur primarily at Luke AFB in Glendale, AZ. Other locations may include but are not limited to: Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
Relocation: Relocation is available for this exciting international assignment.
The Database Administrator directly supports JSF operations by assuring the integrity of data stored within the system by maintaining the internal databases and applications. The Database Administrator will develop and execute policies, practices and procedures that properly manage the full data lifecycle needs of ALIS. The DBA is primarily concerned with ensuring data accuracy, availability to customers and users, and protection of that data from loss. DBA tasks include but are not limited to;ing approved data updates, data protection (backups), availability, distribution, migration, warehousing, management, replication, redundancy, and security. The successful candidate will serve as the point of contact in customer discussions during the flight and evaluation activities and works closely with ALIS System Administrators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Supporting ALIS software release activities.
– Supporting ALIS implementation activities at site (e.g. standup of SOU at a site).
– Carry out and sustain system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates)
– Conduct data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
– Support testing, debugging, integration and analysis of database tools
– Monitor overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
– Providing technical and administrative training and supervision to teammates and customers
This is an operational support role so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per weekwhich may include weekendsas dictated by mission requirements.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a security clearance investigation within 6 years from the investigation close date and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
– Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
– Have relevant experience in Database Administration and/or Development
– Be proficient with COTS database software and tools (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
– Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
– Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments (ship and/or shore) for extended periods dependent upon operational needs
– Good communication & verbal skills.
– Self-starter and the ability to multitask.
In ition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
– Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
– Demonstrated SQL and database administration skills, which may include:
o Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases
o SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to execute/troubleshoot scripts and performance tune databases
o Creating Level 0 and 1 database backups and restoring databases from backups
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery (hot and cold)
o Installing Oracle Critical Patches, reviewing tables and DBA views for issues, and locating user session data
– Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
o Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Storage Area Network Fabric systems and IP Switch Fabric systems
o Familiarity with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
o Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
– Ability to be flexible in working with dynamic mission requirements
– Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
– Ability to provide systems administration and technology management support
– Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience.
– Experience, knowledge, or interest in Japanese language and culture would be a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.