Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates and experts. As the Data Quality Coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Data Quality Coordinator does
The Data Quality Coordinator position is key in assisting AGU to promote discovery in Earth and space science for the benefit of humanity, by being tactical in focus. The Data Quality Coordinator ensures the integrity and completeness of data used by AGU as part of its business and data intelligence program. Positioned within the AMS and Business Intelligence (BI) team, this position will work within a high-performing, agile team environment committed to the design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and implementation of new capabilities or improvements within AGU BI tools.
Reporting to the Director, Business Data & Intelligence, this position collaborates closely with a director, members of a project team, or independently to communicate with, update, and/or seek support from various stakeholders and vendors, provide or coordinate technical assistance during integrations with AGU Data mart, and document processes and tasks to include solutions.
· Conduct data audit within AGU AMS and Data Mart on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
· Perform data reconciliation to identify data anomalies. Coordinate with AGU colleagues to remedy any data deficiencies, including escalation of data issues needing process re-engineering.
· Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications (AMS, Datamart, Website analytics). Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collaterals, and other educational materials.
· Provides first level of response for AMS support
· Assist in/support projects around obtaining new data sources, including requirement gathering, documentation of the data source and the use made of the data.
· Document all data processes and assist with ongoing data architecture processes and governance, including AGU data dictionary. Develop documentation and training material and administers training for BI projects. Train staff and business as necessary on data operational activities.
· Actively participates in Data and Association technology community.
· Other duties as assigned.
What the Data Quality Coordinator brings to the team
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a data quality position or related environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Accreditation in data management/analytics is a plus.
· Ability to translate technical information to non-technical terms, both verbally and in written format.
· Understanding of data governance and data architecture desired.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Must be comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
· Flexible and able to work with routinely shifting priorities.
· Ability to patiently deal with customers, both internal and external.
· Demonstrated strong customer service orientation, problem management, user requirements analysis and process, and diagnostic questioning techniques.
· Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Must be able to represent AGU’s organizational culture of honesty and transparency in operations.
· Experience with data quality or data management required.
· Knowledge of business processes and their interrelationships is desirable, and experience or specialized knowledge of the non-profit field is helpful.
· Experience with a data mart desired.
· Experience with Website analytics extracting and reporting desired (Google Data Studio a plus)
· Experience with Tableau or similar data-visualization program.
· Experience with SQL database required (netFORUM a plus) with ability to create reports and stored procedures; experience with more advanced T-SQL programming helpful.
· Project management, especially technology project management experience highly desired.
· Professional, well-developed written and verbal communication skills and previous experience writing technical documentation and procedures.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit rew12.ultipro.com.