The Senior DevOps Engineer has a strong background in Hybrid Azure technology to support the full release management lifecycle. This individual is a talented, highly motivated, and innovative engineer with a track record of taking initiative and delivering results, capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment and administering client facing environments that require 24X7 system uptime, and working cooperatively with a multi-functional team. The Senior DevOps engineer will be responsible for the applications architecture and support.
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with Senior Leadership.
- Able to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Advanced technical proficiency in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to drive and champion rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve
- Highly complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to peers and leaders.
- Able to lead and coordinate large multi-discipline teams (5+) for complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports.
- Creates a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead others in defensive programming.
- Develops and/or directs the creation of efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving highly complex business problems.
- Develops highly complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Understands, directs and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Determines and/or directs system design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for multiple work efforts.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational and User documentation.
Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines based on the Azure DevOps (former VSTS) task based build system.
- Leverage the full power of the Microsoft – Azure DevOps(VSTS) tools offering to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes for application
- Integrate with agile teams to provide expert level guidance regarding best practices for building and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Responsible for creating builds and releases along with any planned documentation.
- Responsible for performing software installation and deployments using an Infrastructure as Code paradigm.
- Maintain configuration management database.
Setup and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Provide input to development teams from a system/network administrator perspective.
- Implement and maintain system health and performance monitors and alerts.
- Collaborate with development teams to resolve system health and performance issues and risks
- Perform capacity planning for hardware resources.
- Migrate existing systems and setup new systems in a cloud hosting provider.
- Manage Windows and SQL Server updates as needed.
- Develop SQL, PowerShell, and/or bat scripts to automate software testing tasks.
- Implement and recommend security controls.
Experience and Abilities
- 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps engineer, system administrator, and/or software engineer.
- Experience setting up an automated build and delivery pipeline leveraging the full DevOps range of tools available for Microsoft (TFS, Azure DevOps) web services and websites hosted in IIS and/or Azure.
- Expert level experience utilizing DevOps features of TFS 2015/2018 on-prem solution and Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS), including CI/CD pipelines design and implementation, TFS agent management, TFS Security Model, Azure DevOps/TFS Release Manager.
- Experience automating processes using PowerShell
- Experience automating setup of virtual machines
- Experience writing SQL scripts
- Good communication skills
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, ARM Templates, Azure AD security, Azure DevOps (VSTS), Azure Apps, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Virtual Machines.
- Ownership mentality with capability to drive forward solutions on own initiative.
- Passion for keeping up to speed with the latest software tools and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate and adopt new technologies as the need arises.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage expectations.
- Ability to challenge status-quo and drive change.
Flexible & easily adaptable to change.
- Familiarity with software development processes, standards, and best practices to ensure quality outcomes.
- Experience working within short development cycles using agile (Scrum) methods.
- Experience as a system administrator.
Experience as an administrator of Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Experience as an administrator of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (on-prem)
- Ability to collaborate across IT disciplines.
- Experience with Docker and Azure managed
- Kubernetes a plus.
Education, Certifications & Experience
BA in Computer Science, or training and experience in a related field
10 years experience in Enterprise software
SaaS experience in a Production environment supporting thousands of customers experience
Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.amncareers.com.