Job Title: Analytics Data Integ Developer
Job ID: ******
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Health Plan
Department: Community HealthChoices
Location: 600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219
Manage the comprehensive oversight and management of internal health economics data and information for various health economics evaluations. Take a leadership role in the creation, enhancement, documentation, validation and dissemination of health economics data for internal analysis and clinic evaluation. Understand the organization of evaluation-level data and have the ability to translate disparate internal data sources into research quality sources for program evaluation. Serve as a process expert and provide training and support to other Analysis staff as needed. Assume supervisory support as needed, and therefore must have the ability to mentor and develop junior staff members. Act as project lead on data analysis projects as well as function as critical team support to other Analysis staff as needed. Use knowledge and expert understanding of data, data systems, engineering systems, and statistical software applications, clinical and other information generated by numerous sources to identify opportunities to improve clinical program performance through internal analysis of health economics data. Support sophisticated economic, health services and epidemiology evaluations and to document detail instructions on that support in both oral and written format. These functions must be done while also weighing the practical considerations and potential barriers that must be addressed to work in a timely fashion.
* Adhere to internal Division of Health Economics work processes.
* Construct business cases based on analyses of data and data needs.
* Coordinate the orientation of new staff members.
* Create and maintain internal health economics data for internal statistical analysis and modeling and be able to explain these activities to a sophisticated analytic audience as well as translate these activities into general terms for non-technical audiences and senior management.
* Develop and maintain working relationships with internal Health Plan departments, and external contacts as appropriate.
* Execute analytic plans for health economic data preparation and modification, program evaluation, feasibility studies, and research studies as needed.
* Identify and summarize basic characteristics in data and trends in data patterns related to health economic metrics and other indicators.
* Identify departmental needs and report to management as appropriate.
* Implement and monitor effectiveness of these solutions.
* Investigate variances and errors in data and derive solutions.
* Maintain policies and procedures of the team / department.
* Manage routine & special projects which may require oversight of other departments’ work and coordination of a wide variety of functions.
* Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
* Oversee and provide guidance to peers and serve as reference point for questions on day-to-day basis.
* Perform peer reviews as requested.
* Prepare and distribute work assignments as needed.
* Report staff productivity on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Data Management, Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Care Management or a related field.
* Three years of experience with data analysis, relational databases, and use of query tools or any combination of education and experience
* Extensive related experience will be considered.
* Experience in health care insurance or health care industry preferred, but those with relevant -experience in other industries may be considered.
* Superior computer skills are a given, with expert knowledge in general tools such as SQL as well as working knowledge of clinical program analytic software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata.
* Experience in reporting tools such as Cognos and Business Objects preferred. – Prior experience with project management essential.
* High degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, autonomy and initiative on a daily basis. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
* Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
* Excellent project management, planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities required.
* Advanced mathematical skills including statistics or engineering required.
* Ability to create, transform data into analysis quality data required.
* Ability to validate databases and create solid documentation required.
* Ability to effectively approach problem solving necessary.
* Ability to develop single and multi data sources to serve as the foundation of complicated analysis required.
* Ability to monitor project progress and communicate interim and final results to senior management needed.
* Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy required.
* Ability to quality review analytic results necessary.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing required.
* Knowledge and expert understanding of all products and benefit designs of UPMC Health Plan insurance offerings, across all lines of business needed.
* Well-informed and conversant with general business, economic, and clinical matters necessary.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Salary Range: $28.37 to $47.88
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.