CGI is looking for a Mobile Developer to join us in Pittsburgh, PA. This candidate will serve as a technical expert of a large-scale mobile development project consisting of both on-shore and off-shore developers. The Mobile Developer will work together with Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Technical Managers to build native applications. The Mobile Developer will be responsible for ensuring the team is creating functional, scalable, maintainable code utilizing existing customer patterns.
Your future duties and responsibilities
1. Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
2. Analyze, quantize and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
3. Understand the requirements, current state architecture of the enterprise and create roadmap for the future enhancements accordingly.
4. Develop mobile application code in coordination with other team members.
5. Integrate the mobile applications with the centralized authentication application.
6. Create Software Architecture Document, High Level and Low Level Design document, Non functional requirements for the project.
7. Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
8. Always be ready to be hands-on to develop or fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality.
9. Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans, and ensure that the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
10. Groom the team and develop the application with customer centric ideas and innovation as the core of every activity help the team attain a benchmark within the organization for others to follow and achieve.
11. Escalate issues and concerns to the Teal Lead in a timely manner to avoid impacts to timelines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
1. 5+ years of experience with mobile development.
2. 3+ Experience in Android development.
3. 4+ Experience in Rest APIs.
4. Experience working with tools like Git, Maven, JFrog, uDeploy.Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
5. Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is a must.
6. Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
7. Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
8. Strong Shell scripting experience.
9. Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
10. Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
11. Strong agile/scrum development experience
12. Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Mobile Dev Android
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Mobile Application Management
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.