Lead Android Developer (Hybrid)
Cognizant is looking for an expert top-notch Lead Android developer to grow with our dev team! As a Lead Android Developer, you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative team. Someone who values the “team” and improves the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver quality.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
Location: Palo Alto CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implements standard software solutions, design, development, and technical solving
- Writes secure and high-quality code using Java, MVVM, Dagger, RxJava, and Kotlin
- Designs, develops, codes, and solves problems with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- BS/BA degree in computer science or software engineering
- 12+ years of experience designing and implementing applications
- Java, MVVM, Dagger, RxJava, Kotlin, JUnit, Mockito, Git
- Experience working with API integration
- Past experience in RxJava, LiveData, and Restful API integration is expected
- Experience in Unit testing libraries like Mockito
- Strong understanding of Java and Android ecosystem
- Excellent understanding of all mobile UI fundamentals, from layout to animations
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- Understanding of application design patterns – Gang of Four patterns
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks
- Android jetpack, Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience in leading a team of mobile developers
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The Salary rate for this position is between $85K – 152K, depending on the experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Disclaimer: The salary rate, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications in the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, are excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
About Cognizant Digital Engineering
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing phenomenal software is vital to success in the digital economy—and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Job Location : Palo Alto, California, United States || Plano, Texas, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 03 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.