DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day’s work at Apple. If you love innovation, here’s your chance to make a career of it. You’ll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Apple is seeking a proven Data Scientist to join the Apple Media Analytics and Data Products team. This team seeks to promote productivity and innovation through diverse hiring.
In this role, your objective is to drive growth and engagement by analyzing the product and content experience. You’ll work closely with our stakeholders and leadership team to understand analytics needs, independently solve problems, and communicate insights.
– Well-versed in SQL languages
– Well-versed in exploratory data analysis
– Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms: k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Clustering, Regression (OLS, Logistic, MNL), Decision Forests, Linear and Nonlinear Optimization
– Proficiency in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Spark, Map Reduce)
– Familiarity with at least one development language (Python, Scala, Java, C#)
– Ability to translate key findings from code into a visual presentation that is clear, concise, and actionable for a variety of audiences
– Leadership skills to influence and work across product and marketing teams as a partner
– Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people
– Ability to initiate and deliver a project independently
– Understanding of media domain, content, and/or subscription business model is beneficial
– Develop & deliver analysis to understand drivers of customer retention and test business hypotheses
– Work closely with product, content, and design teams to analyze user experience
– Evaluate newly launched features and marketing channels to determine growth impact
– Provide insights and data to product, engineering, editorial and marketing teams to refine and evaluate their goals, strategy, and roadmap
Help grow emerging products with an aggressive trajectory in the competitive streaming media landscape. Leverage your analytics domain expertise for stakeholders throughout the organization, guiding decisions on customer experience, and strategic opportunities. You love building narratives backed by data and demonstrate a strong desire to continually improve the customer experience.
This is a full-time position in Apple Media Products and is located in our Cupertino, CA office.
Education: Ideally, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or relevant field.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: ********* COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.