The Application Developer I formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, test, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Works with users in the support of business applications. Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems. This resource will need 3-5 years of related experience to be successful in this position.
– Designs, codes, tests, and implements complex programs and develops appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
– Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding system specific applications.
– Develops and debugs batch and interactive programs based on application specifications.
– Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system.
– Evaluates effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
– Analyzes, reviews, and modifies programs to increase operating efficiency.
– Develops applications for use in multi-platform environment.
– May develop applications using web technologies.
– Performs unit, system, integration, and regression testing.
– Detects syntax or logic errors during program testing.
– Rewrites programs to correct errors.
– Develops process routines and creates index and view scripts.
– Enhances existing systems and participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
– Upgrades and corrects errors to maintain the system after implementation.
– Ensures applications integration standards are maintained with the enterprise-wide applications architecture.
– Maintains knowledge of departmental standards and procedures, and ensures that application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
3-5 years of experience as an Application Developer
– Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or related field
3+ years experience in Oracle (PL/SQL, SQL)
2+ years experience with Unix shell scripting
Experience in working with ETL processes is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.