Blue Shield of California is looking for a principal-level Application Developer to join our IT Application Services team. The candidate will be the technical subject matter expert across three Benefits and Plan Document Management Platform service teams overseeing seven applications that enable generation, maintenance, and distribution of Blue Shield Of California Product and Benefit information across the company in compliance with our regulators. This individual will define and enforce standards, lead technical training, and serve as the expert developer & lead principal responsible for assuring solutions built within their scope are highly secure, performant, and robust. This includes effective communication and influence of IT, business, and vendor partners, providing solutions that are optimized for cost, quality, security, and fit for purpose.
In this role, you will:
- Be a technical champion, across domains, and advocate for the optimization of Benefits and Plan document management platform & cloud-based Operations Portfolio solutions needed to support Blue Shield’s growth and financial goals
- Serve as IT representative in cross-organizational initiatives that serve to drive scale (growth), cost optimization, quality, and end-user experience
- Serve as technical owner for major initiatives impacting the Operations portfolio – establishing trusted relationship with business partners, internal IT organization, other IT portfolio leaders, and key suppliers’ technical teams
- Lead solution design and development activities on concurrent complex projects with product, solution, and cross portfolio teams
- Provide technical leadership in establishing a competency center that educates other IT professionals on service & cloud-based design & development practices
- Effectively communicate approach, value, risk, alternatives, and status of goal progress with executive & senior management, business sponsors, and product managers
- Have experience with relevant software development tools, industry protocols, troubleshooting & support procedures, monitoring & quality controls, and communication/documentation software
- Be self-directed, work with limited management direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Apply significant knowledge of IT and healthcare industry trends
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Requires at least 10 years of prior relevant experience, including a minimum of 8 years of IT solution delivery experience
- Requires highly proficient technical acumen & deep working knowledge of Agile Methods, Service Architecture, and enterprise Cloud Integration
- Requires ability to work directly with Business Stakeholders using excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in an Agile Methodology environment with ability to mentor development team members
- Preferred experience in the following: Nuxt.js, Vuex, Yarn, Express.js; Azure cloud administration, configuration, development, architecture; OpenXML; SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); Integration with SharePoint; Integration with Salesforce; Facets (Benefits, plan/product, eligibility, membership, claims); Git (Bitbucket), Jira, Jenkins, Service Marketplace, Tidal, Informatica, Unix, other scriptin
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategies, communicate and build alignment on concepts from ideation to execution
- Strong ability to influence, collaborate, and build relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to assess potential opportunities, risks, and issues, and make recommendations to resolve or course-correct as necessary
- Ability to effectively manage meetings and work regularly with a variety of stakeholders
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to create, translate, and execute technical deliverables
- Proven experience educating and influencing others and collaborating across all functions and levels in a highly matrixed organization
- Healthcare experience in claims processing and payments are preferred (Facets, FHIR)
- Experience collaborating with external vendors and distributed on/offshore teams
The pay range for this role is: $ 145970.00 to $ 218900.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.