Blue Shield of California is looking for a developer to join our IT Application Services team. The candidate will be the subject matter expert for the Health Data Strategy business service and associated platforms. This individual will build/develop the various application components and integrations and serve as the expert developer responsible for assuring real-time solutions built within the portfolio are highly secure and robust. This includes effective communication & influence of IT, business, and vendor partners to provide solutions that optimize cost, quality, security, and fit for purpose
In this role, you will:
- Adopt and apply software engineering concepts and processes to software development
- Provide input to designs and technical specifications
- Develop user interfaces and application programs using the technical specifications and design documents provided
- Tests, debugs and maintains code according to the technical specifications
- Provide knowledge transfer to less experienced staff
- Be a technical champion and advocate for the optimization of solutions needed to support Blue Shield’s growth and financial goals
- Serve as a technical consultant for major initiatives impacting the Health Solutions portfolio – establishing trusted relationships with business partners, internal IT organization, other IT portfolio leaders, and key suppliers’ technical teams
- Provide technical leadership in establishing a competency center that educates other IT professionals on service & cloud-based design & development practices
- Effectively communicate approach, value, risk, alternatives, and status of goal progress with executive & senior management, business sponsors, and product managers
- Be experienced with relevant software development tools, industry protocols, troubleshooting & support procedures, monitoring & quality controls, and communication/documentation software
- Be self-directed, work with limited management direction, and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of the assignment
- Apply significant knowledge of IT and healthcare industry trends
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.