***This is a remote position based in the US.***
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever-changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
Seeking an Engineer who has experience working with commercial airframe, fixed wing, rotocraft or space craft. This individual understands material characteristics, attributes and specs as well as next potential innovations happening in the industry.
- Provide technical assistance to in-field and inside sales force to answer customer questions
- Provide implementation assistance to customers to best utilize alloys; troubleshoot any customer problems
- Identify solutions to customer’s unmet needs that utilize current product portfolio
- Communicate product enhancement requests from customer to technical or new product development
- Attend trade shows, conference and similar events as required to support sales efforts and gain business / market intelligence
- Build relationships with industry groups to define future specifications and influence market
- Monitor competitor activity to identify changes in alloys or alloy usage
- Author technical documentation in support of a sales opportunities, not including formal technical/spec review such as capabilities matrices, competitor matrices and other such comparisons
- With sub-market leads and new product development, identify future unmet needs for customers and design new alloys to meet them
- With Marketing, develop or contribute to marketing communications with technical knowledge, best practices, product reference guides and demonstrations
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent experience as determined by department management.
- 8 or more years’ experience preferred, combined with consistently strong performance.
- Specialized knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Specialized knowledge of metallurgical and production equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to assist others in the use of statistical methods and provide support to others for experimental design.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Ability to access mill manufacturing areas.
- Ability to travel.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.