Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
· Analyze, design, program, test, and deploy new user stories and features with high quality (security, reliability, operations) to production
· Tends to Associate Application Engineers by providing learning tasks as well as work related tasks, directs the work of Senior Associate Application Engineers, and helps them continue to grow
· Achieves team commitments (and influence others to do the same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication skills
· Has an oversight on design decisions and guides team to achieve key results for products assigned to them
· Remediates issues using engineering principles and creates proactive design solutions for potential failures
· Contributes to and leads technology communities at Discover
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelors – Computer Science or related
· 3+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
· Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
· In First Year: Fullstack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS bachelor’s degree
· Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
· Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
· Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
· Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
· Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
· Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
· Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
· Experience in UI and Java development
· Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
· Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
· Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
· Build secure web applications with user authentication
· Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies #LI-BG1 #Remote
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.