Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY CONTRACT OF ONE YEAR – can be extended
Do you like to solve engineering problems? Can’t you decide which industry to focus on: aerospace, electronics, energy, defense, medical equipment, renewable energies, why not working with ALL OF THEM?Are you praised for your high-quality work and attention to detail?
Our Application Engineering team is responsible for making sure our customers are using the Ansys material data management system to its full potential and we need your help in this mission for 1 year (and possibly more…)
As an Application Engineer II in Ansys, you will:
- Perform splendid demos and gather technical information on prospects in discovery phase in order to scope necessary work for implementations – all this in collaboration with our great Sales team
- Analyze the customer needs and come up with the very best way to manage their data in Ansys and integrate with their software ecosystem.
- Become an expert at configuring and delivering Ansys GRANTA MI
- Improve customer satisfaction and productivity in using Ansysproducts by providing technical support
- Provide inputs to product development to make Ansysproducts even better
- And all of the above while belonging to a friendly, multi-cultural, collaborative and flexible team
- BS in an engineering, material science or other related discipline
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- 2 years+ of professional experience in a customer-facing role at Ansysor in a similar organization’s consulting services or related customer-facing activities
- Scripting knowledge (Python)
- Ability to communicate professionally in one or more languages relevant for the hiring location
- MS or PhD degree a plus
- Willing to work from Cambridge, Oxford, Lyon or Madrid offices
- Experience in the use of CAD, PLM or Materials Information Management software is a plus
- Thorough understanding of one or more of Product Development Process, PLM System Integration and/or Materials Data Management
- Available for travel (up to 25%)
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.