At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Manager, you will be a leader in PNC’s Retail Architecture and Shared Services MIS organization. This team contributes to and supports our brand, as we develop services and API’s that applications will consume in order support all of Retail technology, customer and employee facing. You will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH. Your responsibilities include managing a team of technology professionals focused on transforming the PNC Retail Service offerings across retail domains, examples being Lending, Customer, Core Banking, Payments, etc…, interacting with key business partners, staffing and delivering innovative solutions.
Your hours will typically be 8-5 Monday through Friday. In your role, you will draw upon your leadership experience, ability to be self-directed and direct others, possibly including managers. You will be responsible for project execution, overseeing budget, succession planning, quality control, performance, and reporting for the Sales & Service Development area. You will also develop long-range strategies based on technical trends and business forecasts. In our dynamic technology environment, there will be a variety of PMO or production activities that require immediate attention. PNC’s commitment to leadership means you will always be at the leading edge of technology/business practice. All the while, you’ll enjoy visibility to senior technology and business sponsors, as well as a number of service partners and vendor partners.
- Working background in modern service/API development, or management of development teams
- The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail/results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and strong work ethic
- Highly motivated self-starter and an evangelist for "doing things right" with a passionate desire to understand and deliver high quality solutions that meet customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and development best practices
- Experience in building high performing development teams
Additional experience desired (not required)
- Experience with SOA, API’s, Microservices, ESB’s, Middleware
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Experience with CICD technologies such as Jenkins, GitHub etc…
- Experience with Java/.NET modern web applications
- Experience with Mainframe systems
- Manages development projects, development teams and application support functions.
- Oversees multiple application programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs .
- Monitors and maintains adherence and compliance to quality standards on an ongoing basis .
- Maximizes staff contribution through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs .
- Analyzes applications to ensure that all systems that are developed, meet business needs and specifications .
Builds Winning Teams – Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change – Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results – Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose – Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others’ contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk – Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
IT ENVIRONMENT – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization’s IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.