HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO. The Application Security Engineer will be based in our Indianapolis office.
Incumbent serves as an Application Security Engineer, responsible for working with application developers, development managers, product managers, and business units to implement security and technology controls, processes, and best practices for in-house and third-party applications. The Application Security Engineer provides technical expertise to establish and implement security related standards, procedures, and guidelines appropriate to securing the existing environment.
Serve as the primary technical contact and expert in all aspect of application security.
– Be a hands-on subject matter expert (SME) working directly with the application developers and project teams by directly participating in application development and procurement processes
– Assess application security posture through the use of automated tools and manual techniques to identify and verify exposure to common security vulnerabilities.
– Provide remediation guidance to development teams.
– Develop, implement and manage application security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines that will assist the application development teams in integrating security requirements within their applications and databases.
– Research, recommend, implement, and maintain application security tools.
– Serve as the AppSec subject matter expert for the Incident Response team and investigate any possible incidents impacting the company
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
– Minimum 3 year of Application Security experience through employment, community involvement, academic or self-study required.
– CISSP, CSSLP, GWAPT, or related certification(s) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Understanding of OWASP security concepts and common application security risks, such as XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, etc.
– Exposure with software penetration testing, secure code review, architectural risk assessment, static code analysis.
– Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels with technical and non-technical staff.
– Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
– Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
We’re eager to tell you more about the projects you’ll be working on, and hear more about your background. If you’re interested in a career with us, we’d love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: *******************************************
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: APPLI01984
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
HomeAdvisor is the free and easy way for homeowners to find and connect with trusted home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals. As the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace, we’ve connected more than 30 million homeowners to our network of over 90,000 pre-screened home service professionals since we started in 1999. And, because planning is integral to the completion of any great home project, we also offer design inspiration, budgeting tools and advice. HomeAdvisor is proud to be one of Denver’s Top Places to Work and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). Contact Info
– Indianapolis, IN
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.