Application Support Analyst
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
Cognizant is looking for experienced and innovative Application Support Analyst to join the Cognizant project delivery team.
Application Support Analyst
This role is for the Outage Management & Dispatching Solutions product group. As application & operational support analysts/specialist it's required to perform a variety of functions in order to ensure that all applications run smoothly, and that all customer inquiries are appropriately addressed. The application support analyst work description also entails ensuring a smooth and effective operation of applications and round the clock availability of the systems through careful monitoring of infrastructure, production processes, and automating procedures.
See below role description for specific details.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensures specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software
· Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. May perform the needed analysis to identify root cause of reported incidents, identify the short- and long-term remediation for the identified incidents.
· Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date.
· Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, drawings, and other related documentation. Creates technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
· Analyzes various reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
· Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
· Ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
· Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
· Work with appropriate teams to plan for and execute routine application support/maintenance activities.
· Adhere to all documented Incident, Service Request and Problem Management processes as per PSEG policies.
· Repair Application Software code, and correct any Incidents, Problems and/or Application Software defects.
· Restore Services and resolve Application Incidents and Problems that require database, Application code and/or operational modifications.
· Coordinate with 3rd Party Suppliers that have responsibility for Incident and Problem resolution related to their developed application software.
· Update user, system, and operations documentation based on the Incident or Problem and error correction as necessary.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The position requires a unique blend of technical consultant and utility operational experience to be ultimately successful. Previous experience with operational technologies is a plus.
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Sciences preferred, or equivalent experience.
· Experience: 3-5 years of prior power and utility experience and strong understanding of the common issues facing clients in this sector. They also require experience in utility outage management & dispatching system and SAS reporting/analytics applications.
· 3 or more years of work experience in an application technical support or technical lead role with proficiency in operational and production support
· Knowledge: They must possess hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment. They must also possess detailed knowledge of multiple systems, as well as an in-depth understanding of the functionality for these systems to troubleshoot and resolve application or infrastructure issues.
· They may also require Java scripting and configuration experience in Windows/UNIX environment; Also, they may also require Production Support, implementation and system management experience.
· They also require at least a basic knowledge of ColdFusion, SQL and HTML/CSS, and experience/working knowledge of ITIL compliant incident, problem, and change service management. It is a plus to the application support analyst.
· Collaborative skills: They require the ability to work with effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Communications skills: They must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills for documentation and customer support duties and must also be comfortable communicating complex concepts to others having diverse levels of seniority and technical competence.
· Customer service skills: They must possess demonstrated ability to provide customer support and deal with escalated customer issues.
· Problem- solving skills: They must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation.
· Interpersonal skills: They require this skill to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
· Organizational skills: They require the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
· Strong knowledge is Application Support and Maintenance
· Technical Support knowledge with ITIL Service Management process
· Software Programming and scripting experience in C#, .NET, Python, ColdFusion, Oracle PL/SQL and Windows/Linux scripting
· Experience as application developer
· In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems (Windows & Linux) platforms
· Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 17 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.