Zurich is currently hiring an Application Support Specialist I to join the Crop Business Operations team. The successful candidate will focus on remote application and workstation hardware/software troubleshooting over the phone. The candidate is eligible to grow through project driven work as well as market and product expertise that needs to be built up to meet the number and variety of customer portfolios. Zurich is currently open to hiring talent to work in the Anoka, MN office.
An Application Support Specialist I is responsible for a variety of tasks:
- Following established guidelines, responds to telephone inquiries concerning support, processing or request procedures, systems status and network connectivity, and a variety of basic to moderately complex applications, hardware, and software problems.
- Records inquiries, repair and service requests, resolves, or directs request to appropriate technical area or vendor, tracks status and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Escalates to or consults with senior staff when solution is unclear.
- Reports problems with procedures and suggests improvements.
- Will perform diagnostics and troubleshooting for customer technical related problems.
- May be assigned as a focal point for emergency software and/or issues or requests.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Application Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Application Support area
- Experience in support of iOS devices (iPhones)
- Preferable Microsoft, Customer Service, HDI (Help Desk Institute) or Desktop Support-related certifications
- Demonstrated customer service skills over the phone
- Customer support experience in a 100% Call Center metric-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of systems status and network connectivity, including high speed internet technologies and VPN
- 1-3 years’ experience in IT support to local and remote end users
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Ability to perform moderate to advanced problem analysis in a PC environment
- Ability to work under pressure and with specific deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10
- Past and current history of impeccable attendance and punctuality records
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols, including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Anoka
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.