Application Systems Analyst (Java)- Omaha, NE
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions and qualifications. The Application Systems Analyst and Application Solution Architect levels have variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Mutual of Omaha is seeking an energetic engaged IT professional to develop and maintain systems in the Investments and Corporate Support environment. Individual will be given the opportunity to learn state of the art technologies and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations.
* Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems. Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
* Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
* Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
* Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
* This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* 3 years Java development and Web Services
* 4 years systems experience
* Relational Database experience
* Application Server experience
* Strong communication and problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
* Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
* Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
* Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
* All stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Java Frameworks (GWT currently in use)
* Informatica (or other ETL tools)
* IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Jun 7, 2018 01:55 PM Central Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.