Function of Position:
The Application Systems Analyst is responsible to the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology Services/Chief Information Officer for the support and maintenance of all information systems for the college, especially Jenzabar EX. This position collaborates with users to analyze needs, develop system requirements and write scripts, queries and procedures using Microsoft SQL Management Studio and other tools. This position will also evaluate existing procedures, make recommendations for improvements and assist business areas in effectively using the college’s application systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day support of all Jenzabar modules including researching problems, developing solutions and coordinating implementation with business area users. (40%)
- Analyze user requirements, design, write, test, adapt, debug, and document systems, scripts, queries and procedures necessary to meet user requirements and consistent with ITS standards and accepted architecture. (20%)
- Assist with tasks such as report writing that enhance access to information across the institution while assisting business users in developing their own report writing skills. (15%)
- Coordinate the sharing of electronic data between offices. (15%)
- Train faculty and staff in the use of software. (5%)
- Attend professional development workshops, and conferences. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Incumbent works independently toward established objectives using a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and resolves unusual cases in consultation with supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field with two years of experience in application development. Experience with relational databases, SQL programming, report writers and database reporting tools. Experience in a Microsoft client/server environment and familiarity with Microsoft desktop applications and excellent system/process analysis and problem resolution/debugging skills. Must have a solid commitment to service, ability to work well both independently and in a team with faculty, staff and students. Candidate should also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to master new technologies quickly, and the flexibility to work irregular hours when necessary. Candidates with working knowledge of Jenzabar EX, experience with InfoMaker, and Microsoft Reporting Services or T-SQL, and proven skills with higher education technological solutions and business processes preferred.
Wartburg College is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented ethnic and minority groups.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.