Application Systems Analyst/Architect- Omaha, NE
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology
This job posting is reflective of the Application Systems Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Solution Architect level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family. Mutual of Omaha is seeking an energetic engaged IT professional to develop and maintain systems in the Investments and Corporate Support environment. Individual will be given the opportunity to learn state of the art technologies and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations using required tools and languages.
* The Application Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the company’s Financial Data Integrstion Hub functions.
* Responsible for developing and utilizing improved techniques for designing, developing, testing, and debugging applications including assisting with issues.
* Responsible for understanding business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area and providing consultative leadership to customers on desired application enhancements.
* Responsible for acting as an internal consultant and mentor to more junior staff as well as providing project-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
* Responsible for analyzing complex business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives for business application development and integration.
* Responsible for providing leadership to project teams through design, estimation, coordination & definition of tasks; will often include articulating and advocating for new technical and non-technical ideas.
* Responsible for maintaining short-range (6-12 month) view of technology, industry trends, business needs, and application requirements.
* Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
* This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* 5 years experience as a full stack Java/J2EE developer
* 5 years of systems experience
* Experience with relational databases
* Experience with application servers
* Ability to define issues, business and technology needs, and implement solutions
* Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology
* Bachelors Degree in related field of study (or equivalent work experience)
* Ability to apply the following skills:
* Interpersonal – effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, and establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships.
* Partnership – demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
* Knowledge of the Company’s business functions and/or the Financial Services industry.
* Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include speaking in front of a group.
* Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
* Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
* Strong leadership skills.
* Experience with Agile software development
* Experience in one or more of the following skills:
* Spring/Spring Boot
* Web Services (REST/SOA)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Sep 5, 2018 02:25 PM Central Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.