Req #: ******Location: Ashburn, VA USJob Category: Information
TechnologySecurity Clearance: SecretClearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is looking for an experienced software developer to support a key
program in Ashburn, VA and Colorado Springs, CO. The ideal candidate
should have a thorough understanding of agile software development
practices and experience delivering deployable software in short
sprints. They will work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team a
highly productive team of technical professionals who thrive on
supporting the customer’s mission and growth objectives designing,
developing and implementing custom software and database application
capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and
applications. The individual will work in close collaboration with
software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within
Also, responsible for or support development of a spectrum of
engineering artifacts that adequately but succinctly captures system
requirements, design, architecture, and solution training. This
position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities
are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining
the highest quality of performance.
The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a
technically diverse team is also crucial. A willingness to learn and
stay abreast of industry trends is also required. The program
emphasizes innovation, and CACI looks for individuals who can bring
creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and
Serves as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development
and maintenance services for the delivery of releasable software.
Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software
solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software
projects. Basic responsibilities include:
* Designing, developing and implementing custom software and
database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and
* Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and
collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product
and team success.
* Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact
creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and
retrospectives and solution releases.
* Support release planning with conceptual design and development /
refinement of software engineering guidelines.
* Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative
solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools
and solution components.
* Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice
and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing
periodic performance reports.
* Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or
equivalent professional experience
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret
clearance or higher.
* Professional Experience: a total five (5) years related technical
experience, with software design, development and implementation
in a Windows Environment.
* Experience with C#/.Net (preferred) or Java/J2EE; Familiarity with
any of the following: ******* MVC, Entity Framework (or other
* Experience with object oriented design and development (OODD),
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Ability to communicate OODD and SOA principles and best practices
* Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing
solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting
ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
* Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
* Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
* Experience with source code control systems and concurrent
development workflows (Git preferred).
* Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL
* Experience developing applications utilizing .NET version 4.5
software framework (or strong experience with competing
* Experience with data base design and stored SQL procedures.
* Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development
* Ability to identify and manage risk.
* Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of
software engineering tools to support process improvement.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life
cycle, including planning, development, requirements management,
CM, quality assurance, and release management.
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work
ethic and a self-starter.
* Technical Certifications, such as MCSD; MCPD; CSM; CSD; OCJD;
* DOD 8570 certification.
* Experience using VersionOne Agile project tools.
* Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and
contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
* Direct experience providing production support for Oracle
databases; experience with Oracle tools.
* Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly
desirable: HTML, Angular.js, VMware, information exchanges (ETL,
ESB), message queuing, application security, automated testing,
UML, or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that
fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At
CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by
providing information solutions and services in support of national
security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,
Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide
dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity
Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.