North America-North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles, North America-North America-United States-CA-Irvine, North America-North America-United States-CA-San Diego
To provide in-field technical applications support for our current and
next generation range of automated immunohistochemistry
instrumentation and reagents. Achieve Leica regional sales and
profitability goals within assigned territory.
* Support Leica in order for Region to achieve sales goals monthly,
quarterly, and annually in the IHC Instrumentation and reagent
* Installation and Evaluations of IHC Instrumentation sold and
evaluated in the region
* Evaluations of antibodies and probes in Region.
* Build an in-depth understanding of new product technologies and
their applications in a diagnostics immunohistopathology
* Design and perform investigation of tough technical applications
while working with Technical Service, Applications Manager and
global business units
* Response and documentation of PMDRs on IHC instrumentation in
conjunction to working with BU and Customer on appropriate
response and follow up training necessary
* Follow normal Standard Work for customer complaint handling to
ensure total customer satisfaction.
* Install and Conduct in field post purchase applications support
and training with customers
* Prepare weekly territory status reports to Applications Manager
including but not limited to competitive information, product
issues, customer issues, target account lists, expense reports and
travel calendar as asked by manager.
Preferred Education, Experience, SkillsEducation: BA/BS in Life Sciences
* Understanding of IHC and Histology marketplace or a related
* 1-3 years Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research,
or industrial setting with a practical focus on IHC
* 1-3 years experience in the optimization, operation,
functionality, and support of both manual and automated IHC
instrumentation and related products preferred.
Travel: required estimated 75% of time
* Excellent time management and organization skills are a must
* Problem solving/critical thinking
* Must possess excellent customer relations/service skills.
* Self-motivated and independent thought are critical
* Goal oriented, results driven
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are key
* Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member
* Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus
* Sales team
* Field Service Engineers
* Customer Service
* Customers, Lab Managers, Supervisors, Technical Staff and
Physical Demands & Working EnvironmentThe physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands
and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and
out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work
is in a laboratory environment setting. Lighting and temperature are
adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
* Due to the laboratory setting, instrumentation will be present
that can present electrical hazards and may have moving parts.
* Chemicals and patient specimens may be present in the laboratory.
It will be necessary to follow recommended as well as facility
guidelines and when applicable wear appropriate PPE (Personal
protective equipment). Closed toed shoes should be worn at all
times in the laboratory setting.
* May be requested to work extended hours and weekends for special
program events and/or training
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly
diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a
page Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it
ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.