Job ID :
US – California – San Jose
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R & D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Application Support Engineer will be support our Product Support Team in resolving high profile escalations at customer sites.
What will you do?
– Provide technical and product support for released San Jose produced Orbitrap series LC/MS products with emphasis on resolving applications escalation using a system level approach.
– Create and disseminate important factory and field information critical to product or field service problems, with efforts that support improvements in products and service, corrective action, or cost reductions.
– Identify gaps in the current support systems and develop or improve and implement customer centric support solutions for current and future products.
– Work with the factory teams to ensure current products meet our high level of quality and that new products meet product design criteria for serviceability and develop hardware validation criteria.
– Participate in running training programs for current and future products to the worldwide field service organization and continue to train field service personnel post product launch.
– Duties also include the maintenance of information on the Product Support Website, including Manuals, Part Numbers, FAQs, field communication documents and Patches.
– Other miscellaneous duties might be assigned.
How will you get here?
M.S. Degree in Chemistry or equivalent field required; PhD preferred
– Experience in developing applications and operating/maintaining high end MS equipment such as Orbitrap or Orbitrap Hybrid systems, NMR/FTMS or MRI systems
– 5+ years of experience in LCMS systems
– Excellent analytical capability with strong attention to detail
– Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills especially dealing with customers face-to-face
– Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
– Self-motivated, strong customer service oriented
– Flexible with the ability to adjust readily to new situations
– Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! ****************************
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.