Job Openings – TA Instruments – Applications Support Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Applications Support Engineer
Location US-DE-New Castle
Req. # 8132
Company Name TA
Category Product Management and Applications
Type Regular Full-Time
As the industry leader in the analytical instrument industry, TA Instruments prides itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our products, visit our web site at *********************.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, Korea, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TA Instruments Applications Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on TA’s product lines. As an Applications Engineer you’ll join a team of specialists that are committed to ensuring TA’s world-renowned support for our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines including; Sales, Service, Product Management, and Engineering supporting our customers both pre- and post-sale. Whether you are running samples, teaching training courses, giving technical seminars, or doing other tasks to support our worldwide business you’ll find new and exciting challenges daily.
Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
– Provide Applications support for pre and post sales activities for Materials Characterization product lines.
– Run customer samples, while generating reports in an effort to close sales.
– Provide post sales training and trouble-shooting.
– Teach training courses, both lecture based and hands-on at New Castle and at customer sites.
– Provide technical support to customers by email, phone, and in person.
– Provide technical support for Sales Representatives on site assisting in the closure of business.
– The ability to give Technical presentations during sales calls.
– Teach demonstrations both in the New Castle office and at customer sites.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
– Minimum of 4 year degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
– Minimum of 3-4 years’ of relevant industrial experience.
– Has a clear understanding of the science of Materials Characterization. Experience in Thermal Analysis, Rheology and understanding of Thermophysical Properties is a plus.
– Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
– Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier.
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
– this job on your Social Network!
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.