AquaPhoenix is a cutting-edge technology firm at the forefront of innovation in the water sector. We specialize in delivering state-of-the-art Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that empowers businesses to streamline their operations and drive success. To support our continued growth and commitment to excellence, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. This is a remote position with standard business hours with some flexibility to meet the needs of the team and the customer.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in enhancing and maintaining our SaaS platform, which is hosted on AWS.
• You will lead a talented team of engineers, collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver robust and scalable solutions.
• The ideal candidate will have extensive experience background in backend development, cloud architecture, and possess expertise in AWS services.
• Principal Engineering experience: Can guide a team to successful outcomes by architecting overall solutions, ensuring that work across the team meets a high standard, and helping the team focus on efficient solutions to business problems. Their quality of work and overall approach to problem-solving means that review of their work is mostly for the sake of discussion/clarity, rather than to ensure quality.
• Resounding experience managing an on-shore / off-shore development team structure, ensuring seamless collaboration and proper delineation of responsibilities.
• Confident and clear communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• High level of experience with RESTful Web patterns and documentation standards.
• Solid experience with GraphQL patterns and documentation standards.
• Strong experience with backend Linux-base environments, and frontend browser technologies.
• Experience delivering and supporting full stack systems.
• Sound knowlege of the full software development life cycle.
• Experience in object-oriented design and programming, design patterns, and related frameworks.
• Demonstrated expertise in continuous integration/delivery/deployment.
• Lead and mentor a team of backend engineers in designing, developing, testing, and maintaining scalable backend services.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
• Architect, build, and maintain backend components of our SaaS platform hosted on AWS.
• Ensure high performance, availability, and scalability of the platform.
• Implement best practices for security, data protection, and compliance.
• Own the DevOps and Infrastructure patterns for our web application.
• Strong experience with AWS services, including but not limited to EKS, EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.
• Expertise in containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
• In-depth knowledge of microservices architecture and design patterns.
• Experience with serverless computing and event-driven architecture.
• Solid understanding of database systems, both SQL and NoSQL.
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing.
• Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Backend Web Tech Stack:
• Language: TypeScript
• Framework: Apollo/GraphQL
• Testing: Jest
• DB/ORM: Postgres/Sequelize
• Infra: AWS/EKS
Frontend Web Tech Stack:
• Language: TypeScrips
• Framework: Angular/GraphQL
• Testing: Karma
• Infra: AWS/EKS
• Proven experience as a backend software engineer in a leadership role, supporting large user bases.
• AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer) strongly preferred.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
AquaPhoenix is driven by a company culture that inspires a flexible, fun, ‘can-do’ approach to business. You’ll be joining a fast-paced, driven environment that’s helping to build a cleaner and safer global water supply. AquaPhoenix is an industry leader in water testing kits and reagent manufacturing, as well as a distributor of thousands of testing products and supplies for a multitude of industries including industrial water treatment, cleaning & sanitation, oil & gas, environmental, and water conditioning.
If you are looking for a great work environment, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, career growth, and exceptional benefits that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k), STD/LTD, and generous paid time off consider a career with AquaPhoenix Scientific. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas that help our business grow. Minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are urged to apply. For more information or to apply, please visit www.aquaphoenixsci.com.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.