is seeking qualified Architects for immediate openings. DLZ is an award-winning, full-service architecture and engineering firm with over 600 employees located in 22 offices.DLZ has built long-standing relationships with state, federal, and public clients, serving public and government agencies for the past 100 years throughout the Midwest. Project types include Corrections, Judicial, Public Safety, Transit, Education, Water/Waste Water, Municipal facilities. DLZ’s professionals include Architects, Landscape Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Civil Engineers, as well as professional Surveyors, Construction Inspectors and Soil Scientists.
In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)’s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, and within the Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm nationally. Our award-winning designs have received national recognition for sustainable design, innovative approach and design excellence.
DLZ currently has an opening for an Architect / Architectural Project Managerin our Detroit, MIoffice.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Perform architectural and design assignments of a complex nature, ing innovative architectural design concepts and advanced professional knowledge.
– Takes a lead role in design of projects where complex, multi-faceted, and coordinated architectural work is required.
– Manage a wide variety of project type, scale and complexities
– Establish design direction, develop technical drawings and specifications, and direct overall project schedule and budget.
– Prepare construction cost estimates and preliminary project schedules for various project types.
– Administer pre-design, design, bidding, and construction administration phase services for various project types.
– Prepare proposals, contracts, standard AIA documents, correspondence, and all project documentation.
– Manage and coordinate multi-discipline projects, including those where architecture is not the primary discipline.
– Travel to job-sites, primarily throughout the Midwest, with occasional overnight/extended stays.
– Coordinate all client contact and maintain working relationship at all levels throughout the project.
– Serve as single point of contact for the owner and design team
– Responsible for quality control over the complete project.
– Assist in business development.
– Meet cost and time schedules while producing quality results.
– Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
– Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
– Bacheloror Masters ofArchitecture Degree
– Registered Architect in the state ofMichigan
– NCARB certification, or the ability to obtain certification within one year
– 10-15 years relevant work experience
– Judicial, Municipal, Educational, Transit, Aviation, Correctional, and/or Federal Project experience preferred!
– Strong Revit skills preferred
– Strong written and oral presentation skills
– Experience in a variety of project types, scale and complexity; following project from conception through completion.
– Experience working on concurrent projects, collaborating with multiple design disciplines, and technical production project experience.DLZ
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Employment Type Full-Time
Pay Type Year
Pay Rate N/A
Store Type Other, Creative & Design
DLZ professionals provide unmatched client service while meeting all of a project’s objectives. The firm’s engineers, architects, planners, and technical support staff are innovative and understand that every project is different. The professionals at DLZ have the experience and expertise to realize that each client’s needs and wants are unique. We approach each project with this in mind and we stand behind the work that we do.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.