At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Asset Manager in the Real Estate Solutions group within Midland Loan Services, you will be based in Overland Park, KS.
Midland Loan Services, a division of PNC Real Estate, is one of the leading third-party providers of loan servicing, asset management and technology solutions for the commercial real estate finance industry. We leverage our real estate expertise and proprietary technology to offer customized solutions that are tailored to our clients’ specific needs and unique challenges – from lowering operational costs and improving back-office efficiencies to enhancing overall portfolio management capabilities. All the while, we remain focused on exceeding customer expectations, a principle that has earned us a reputation for superior customer service.
The Real Estate Solutions Group works with a diverse group of clients, which includes some of the largest lenders and investors in the commercial real estate market and the largest subordinate bond investors in the CMBS market. Midland is the largest named special servicer in the CMBS market today, and our portfolio provides a wide range of opportunities for our employees to expand their skill sets. We work with our clients to create a customized set of advisory services, including: performing asset management, special servicing, evaluative and risk management strategies for complex debt and equity structures, due diligence and asset valuations. As an Asset Manager, you will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Reviewing borrower requests and developing recommendations for approvals to our clients,
- Surveillance and risk management of CMBS and non-CMBS investments,
- Quarterly and annual asset valuations and strategic reviews for various equity investors and balance sheet lenders,
- Due diligence for Midland’s third party subordinate CMBS investors.
Your days will be filled with a variety of tasks in an environment that values teamwork, open communication, cutting-edge employee training and career development. The hours follow a basic workweek, but may allow for some flexibility depending on the needs of our clients as well as the balance of your workgroup.
- Oversees portfolios and/or customer request of low to medium complexity and may provide analytical support.
- Reviews and processes customer requests related to the servicing of assets, monitors watch list assets, and may transfer assets to special servicing area. Prepares and presents cases and approval memoranda for approval as designated. Reserve administration.
- May perform or coordinate inspections and complete reports.
- Reviews financial statements related to the asset, market and economic data to determine the economic impact and/or compliance impact for the operation of the assets. Interprets loan documents and servicing agreements. May perform risk ratings, create investor reports and escalate issues accordingly, and manage credit risk and compliance documentation.
- May engage in frequent verbal and written communication with internal and external parties which may include, customers and their representatives, outside counsel, agencies, special servicers, and investors.
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Problem Solving – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Negotiating – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Basic Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Data Gathering and Reporting – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment – Financial Services – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Financial Statement Analysis – Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and practices, and ability to analyze and determine the credit-worthiness of a business enterprise through its financial statements.
Investment Reporting – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods, processes, and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough investment reports.
Market Risk – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.