Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, and/or data communications networks.
1. Participates in the analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Gathers information from users for analysis of problem areas and prepares elementary feasibility studies. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
4. Assists higher-level analysts in analyzing alternative systems, cost aspects and feasibility factors.
5. Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
6. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
7. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Current/Active Secret Security Clearance.
2. 0-2 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in systems analysis and design.
2. Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
3. Professional Certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-42631
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Schofield, HI 96857
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.