Thermo Fisher Scientific – Associate Automation Engineer Job in Greenville, NC
– Discover Our Stories
– Career Areas
– Field Service
– General Management
– Human Resources
– Operations & Supply Chain
– R & D
– Sales & Marketing
– Software & IT
– Military & Veteran
– Students & New Grads
– Our Culture
– Our Mission & Values
– What We Do
– Our Brands
– Diversity & Inclusion
– Corporate Responsibility
– Employee Experience
– 5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher
– How To
– Virtual Lab Training
– North America
– San Francisco Bay Area
– Latin America
– Featured Areas
Careers at ThermoFisher Scientific
What Story Will You Tell?
Category CATEGORYAccounting/AuditingAdministrative ServicesBioinformaticsBusiness ManagementCommunicationsCorporate Strategy DevelopmentCustomer ServiceEngineeringFacilities / Real EstateFeaturedField ServicesFinance / EconomicsHuman ResourcesInformation SecurityInformation TechnologyInternship & ApprenticeshipLegal & ComplianceManufacturing & ProductionMarketingNew GradOperationsProcurement / PurchasingProduct ManagementProject ManagementQualityRegulatoryResearch & DevelopmentSalesScientistSoftware DevelopmentSupply Chain / Distribution
Country SELECT A COUNTRY
Or Search by Keyword
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Associate Automation Engineer
Job ID :
US – North Carolina – Greenville
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Develops and enhances control systems to meet present and future company automation needs. Supports automation by assisting in isolating, identifying, and resolving problems related to existing systems.
– Maintains computer system readiness by assisting in the diagnosis of hardware, software, instrument, and process problems, resolving those in areas of responsibility and coordinating the resolution of the remainder.
– Manages small to medium project assignments, requiring some creativity in the application of standard techniques and procedures, setting priorities as required to meet quality, cost, and schedule objectives.
– Develops system documentation. Translates and develops user needs into requirements documentation that clearly represent these requirements.
– Modifies system software to provide enhancements to process automation.
– Assists in the start up of new operations by verifying loop continuity and performance, and ensuring code and configurations meet specifications and validation requirements.
– Maintains system and application documentation necessary to provide accurate records of system design. Assists in preparing user guides when required.
– Coordinates maintenance of system operating supplies and spare parts, and Plant Maintenance (PM) programs. Defines required contract services and coordinate their procurement.
– Coordinates training of supervisors, technical and operative staff in the use of systems by participating in course development and presentations.
– Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
– Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
– Four years of relevant experience is preferred.
– Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
– Strong knowledge in computer control system, system start-ups, loop tuning, troubleshooting, and control system modifications.
– Experience developing process or equipment control applications.
– Develop PLC ladder logic or function block and/or DCS system development.
– Prefer knowledge of A-B and Modicon PLCs and/or DCS, D/3 experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Link for schema
Join our Talent Community
If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher ScientificView
Search Jobs by MapSearch
THE STORIES WE TELL
MY WORK IS A STORY OF MOMENTUM
INSPIRING FUTURE SCIENTISTS
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
– Thermo Scientific
– Applied Biosystems
– Fisher Scientific
– Unity Lab Services
– About Us
2018 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
– Accessibility/Disability Access
– Terms & Conditions
– Privacy Statement
– EEO & Affirmative Action Statement
– Powered by SmashFly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Read More
Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.