Summary:Heartland Payroll, a division of Global Payments, delivers the industry’s most comprehensive packages of reliable and value-added payroll and human resource solutions to thousands of small to mid-sized companies nationwide. We are currently offering an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing, customer service driven company that is revolutionizing payroll services. In this position, you’ll join a team of rock star professionals who are responsible for ensuring every client interaction is a world class experience.
– Builds payroll account and inputs new client data (including employee payroll data, tax information, etc.) into Heartland Payroll system and reviews for accuracy
– Enter and balance employee/employer current quarter wage data and prior wage and tax data to prior quarter tax returns
– Understanding of taxable fringe benefits, non-taxable fringe benefits, tax shelter annuities/retirement plans, pre-tax deductions and non-cash fringe benefits
– Ability to discuss any discrepancies within new client paperwork submitted by sales department with clients and/or sales reps.
– Interacts with clients via welcome calls, processing calls and email
– Provides training to new clients on Heartland Payroll capabilities, functionality and reports
– Ensures deadlines are met and clients payrolls are processed accurately
– Maintains an assigned base of payroll clients until accounts are turned over to the processing department
– Other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned or requested
– Will be required to work more than 40 hours per week during seasonal business needs (to be compensated according to all applicable state wage and labor laws)
– Work effectively as part of a team for the greater good of the business
– Attend ongoing trainings
– Begin learning how to troubleshoot and problem solve situations that arise.
– Utilization of import functions for employee and wage data
– Perform tasks for clients requesting additional products and services
– Effectively manage relationship with clients and sales
– Positive ‘can do’ attitude
– Usage of WIKI and other training materials and websites
– Enter beginner-level retirement plans/matches, accruals and PTO plans
– Ability to void single checks independently within a payroll – not entire payroll
– Can perform every day type activities with high accuracy rate.
– Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving for accounts up to level 5 at minimum
– Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
– Customer-service oriented, excellent phone manners required
– Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll needs are met
– Ability to multi task – interacting with clients, Payroll Specialists and all other internal customers or associates, at times simultaneously
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Working knowledge of basic office technology
– Proficient in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
– Must achieve leveling advancement as required.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
on Company Website
Job ID: R5455
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Heartland Payment Systems
We began in 1997 with a modest plan: to provide fair, honest and fully disclosed payment solutions to help businesses prosper. Never veering from our roots or our convictions, that plan has taken us and our clients to places most businesses could only dream of. Contact Info
– Cleveland, OH
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.