About this role
About BlackRock’s WMC
In August 2020, BlackRock, Temasek and China Construction Bank (CCB) received approval from the China Banking & Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) to set up a Wealth Management Company (WMC) in Shanghai. BlackRock will hold a 50.1% stake in the joint venture. The WMC will be able to manufacture onshore products for domestic investors.
About this role:
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world’s most exciting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate, tackle sophisticated problems and build & manage a high performance team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. We like to stretch boundaries and grow in all parts of the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most sophisticated financial companies and being part of & continue to build a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies
You will have chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group.
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Curious and eager to learn new things, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others
- Data and quality focused, with an eye for the details that make phenomenal solutions
- You sometimes make mistakes, but always willing to learn from them
- Passionate about building quality software and scalable technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- We have strong Java expertise and also work with a range of cloud native technologies and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on agile innovation
Are you a software developer with a passion for creating something new? The nature of this role will be to lead a group of Software Engineers in setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities within the Performance Measurement and Attribution team. Our development team focuses on client experience, accuracy, advanced interactive visualization, integration with powerful data analytics capabilities, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing. You will be responsible for evaluating new software development opportunities for use within the investment performance process. The team lead will also collaborate with a project coordinator or sometimes need to act in that capacity to ensure our projects meet specified requirements and timelines.
This position will give you immense exposure and training in building a culture of innovators and implement sophisticated solution to connect dots between Aladdin and China tech ecosystem. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry, invest into the exciting new world of China investment strategies.
- Develop and maintain investment functionality to grow our China presence
- Help design and build the scaled solution for the world the best investment firm
- Contribute to an agile development team working with designers, analysts, users and leads
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support.
Experience and Qualifications: (5 – 8 years)
- Strong foundation in Java and related technologies
- Seek sophisticated problem that involves understanding regulatory boundaries
- Experience with building enterprise level platform with distributed computing technologies
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Find innovative solution partnering with broader team in other regions
Nice to have:
- Some experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes
- Experience working on opensource development projects
- Experience with SQL or Apache Cassandra Database.
- Experience with Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.