As a Software Developer Associate, you will learn to become competent with several aspects of the Sentry solution development lifecycle. These aspects include but are not limited to analysis, design, coding and testing. This entry level position will work under the direction of senior staff or management.
What You’ll Do
You’ll gain valuable real life, hands on experience while working on a series of projects that involve developing and maintaining new websites, services, and applications primarily written in Java. We’ll look to you to work with Sentry’s developers and architects to design applications and follow processes to ensure continuous operations of our existing systems and programs.
In addition you’ll:
- Design, code, test and debug while maintaining programs
- Utilize and adhere to Sentry’s Agile Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management methodology
- Adhere to Sentry Information Technology standards and procedures
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Current full-time college student
- Majoring in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Ability to work between 12-19 hours per week during the school year in a minimum of 2-3 hour increments
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in the summer
- The desire to learn new technologies
- Sentry does not offer employment in this program to holders of F-1, J-1 and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You’ll Receive
Within this exciting co-op program you’ll receive the following:
- Competitive compensation
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and IT certifications
- Automatic enrollment in our Sentry Work Life Resource Program
- The potential for full time employment upon graduation
Who You’ll Want to Contact
April Burclaw – Talent Acquisition Specialist
Why Sentry Insurance
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we are one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
You can own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online: Visit www.jobs.sentry.com and submit your application and resume for position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sentry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.