Job TitleAutomation Engineer
To provide assistance to Plant Engineer in the repair and maintenance to all electrical, mechanical, and production areas at plant WG.
– Must be able to write and follow advanced PLC logic and troubleshooting of logic on multiple platforms, including Allen Bradley PLC, ControlLogix, Siemens TIA and Classic s7 to platform list and SLC series.
– Must be able to install and configure specialized intelligent I/O and communications cards on multiple platforms, including Allen Bradley PLC, ControlLogix, Siemens TIA and Classic s7 to platform list and SLC series.
– Must be familiar with the theory of operation of basic sensing devices such as proximity detectors, visible infrared detection devices, encoders, etc.
– Must be able to configure the hardware of the PC on which process control software is installed, and develop usable HMI, MMI user interfaces on both process control PC’s and dedicated operator interfaces/touch screens.
– Must be able to install and program ancillary equipment such as digital timers, counter, PID loop controllers, etc.
– Must be able to terminate control wiring and program AC and DC frequency drives including systems application drives.
– Must be familiar with the operation, application, and troubleshooting of AC and DC motors and frequency drives, stepper motors and controls, and servo motors and controls.
– Must be familiar with advanced test equipment, including oscilloscopes, power monitoring devices, etc.
– Must be familiar with the engineering software AutoCad Electrical, and able to generate drawings for new and old install of electrical systems.
– Must be able to write moderate to advanced software applications for accessing and manipulating data from central data warehouses and process/logic controllers.
– Must be familiar with basic electrical codes and power distribution systems.
– Must be familiar with the theory of digital communications and their various protocols, including ethernet, Profibus, DeviceNet, DH+, DH_485, RS-232, RS-485, etc. Must be able to manage the available plant resources, both internal and external, to ensure the timely completion of projects.
– Must be able to design and manage the installation of moderate to complex projects. This includes oversight of different trades (electrical, mechanical, tec.) both internal and external, material purchasing, and project completion date management.
– Other duties as assigned
– Execute Action Plan
– Initiate Action
– Coach & Support
– 4-year engineering degree
– 2+ years of automation/controls related experience
Work Shift8 hour, day shift
Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
on Company Website
Job ID: R-******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
The world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floorcovering provider, Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. A wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.8 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates. Shaw is headquartered in Dalton, GA, with salespeople and/or office located worldwide. Contact Info
– 15305 Valley View Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.