Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you! mHelpDesk is changing the way home service providers manage their business. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our amazing team.
Life at mHelpDesk
mHelpDesk is not your average startup. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas.
We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: *****************************
– Can test mobile and web based products
– Are a self-starter, a team player, and can manage your own time
– Have worked in and released products in an Agile environment
– Have good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
– Are familiar with object oriented and UI design documentation
– Have previous experience in automation and API testing
– Have troubleshooting skills
– Are able to adopt and learn new testing tool for manual/automation
– Are comfortable with reading, writing, and debugging SQL queries
– Collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps, and validate acceptance criteria
– Execute test scripts, analyze results, and report on expected versus actual behavior
– Define automated test criteria to be used to determine which functionality should be automated
– Design test scripts per business functionality based on the automated test criteria
– Automate manual regression test cases and keep the test suite(s) updated constantly
– Provide input into improving the Automation test framework for the organization
– Identify innovative solutions to solve complex automation challenges
– Interpret test results upon executing the testing
– Assist in manual testing if needed to perform regression/smoke testing
– Provide status updates and feedback to your manager and contribute to maintaining QA documentation, tools, policies, plans
What it takes to work here:
– Minimum 4 years+ of experience testing web based and mobile applications
– Minimum 2 years+ of experience implementing and managing automated testing procedures
– Experience creating automated test scripts using Selenium, SOAPUI, LoadRunner, Jmeter or similar tools
– Has a good working knowledge of how to design and create Automated REST API test scripts, preferably using SOAPUI or Postman
– Experience working independently to develop/implement test strategy and update the test scripts as needed per business functionalities
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to develop, implement, document, and monitor best practices for automation testing
– Preferred experience using Jira or similar issue tracking tools.
– Preferred experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
– Preferred knowledge of Jenkins framework/integration
– Preferred database skills with hands on SQL query writing, SQL scripting and back end validation, but not required
– Health & Dental
– Paid holidays & vacation
– Your colleagues are a mix of seasoned pros and fired-up rookies
– Casual dress code
– Direct collaboration between you, development teams, reporting teams and business stakeholders
– Wide variety of opportunities for growth
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at *****************.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
on Company Website
Job ID: AUTOM01861
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
HomeAdvisor is the free and easy way for homeowners to find and connect with trusted home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals. As the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace, we’ve connected more than 30 million homeowners to our network of over 90,000 pre-screened home service professionals since we started in 1999. And, because planning is integral to the completion of any great home project, we also offer design inspiration, budgeting tools and advice. HomeAdvisor is proud to be one of Denver’s Top Places to Work and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). Contact Info
– Fairfax, VA
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.