The Simulation Engineer for fulfillment cooperates with proposal (pre-sales) and engineering resources to design, propose and verify throughput simulation that a certain robotized automatic cell or line respects the requirements.
The Simulation Engineer for fulfillment shows knowledge in the area of logistics, fulfillment, packaging, palletizing/depalletizing and correlated areas. Knowledge in cycle time and process optimization is also preferred.
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Participates in the proposal (pre-sales) phase in designing the best automation solution supporting proposal engineers, sales and business development.
- Programs robots offline in a simulation environment to verify reach, accessibility, collision avoidance and cycle time of a solution.
- Provides the team with a precise estimation of the cycle time and robot movements for an automatic cell.
- Supports the team in developing improved manufacturing processes to achieve the required production output.
- Supports the component selection (e.g., robots, 7th axis slides, conveyors, buffers, robotic end-effectors).
- Defines human and robotic operations in a semi-automatic or automatic cell/line.
- Verifies throughput discrete event simulation (DES) the effectiveness and efficiency of the proposal solution whether in the proposal phase or in a more advanced engineering phase.
- Effectively use historical data analysis for DES model inputs
- Performs data collection, data analysis, and preparation of model specifications.
- Collect existing manufacturing process and system performance data based on project needs
- Develops and/or updates computer-based simulation models of material handling systems
- Setups and administers simulation scenarios and experiment statistical run.
- Performs, presents, and interprets simulation results to Comau colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.