Zurich is currently searching for an Application Developer II to work out of our Zurich North American headquarters in Schaumburg, IL.
The selected candidate will work with Application Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to analyze automation needs and design, document, test and develop automation scripts/solutions as required to deliver quality solutions which meet business requirements.
Day-to-day responsibilities of this position:
- Design automation scripts and debug automation issues.
- Define the deliverables for the automation test effort.
- Escalate any concerns before they become issues.
- Ensure that automation standard processes and deliverables are followed.
- Integrate automation with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines.
- Working with QA Analysts and Software Developers.
- Keeping updated with the latest industry developments.
- Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
- Experience assisting with design, coding benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Experience working with multiple phases of software systems programming applications
- Scrum Master Certification
- In-depth, strong problem-solving analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Insurance Industry Experience
- Good functional testing skills to create test cases from requirements and/or Acceptance Criteria
- DevOps and CI/CD knowledge
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Schaumburg
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-RD1
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.