Job Title: Automotive Electrical Systems Engineer
About Cognizant’s Mobility Practice:
Cognizant Mobility is the premier automotive engineering services division of Cognizant that is focused on smart connected vehicle engineering and software delivery. Our clients include well known Automotive OEMs and Electric/Autonomous Start Up Companies that leverage our automotive engineering expertise.
We are looking for talented engineers with backgrounds in Electrical and Computer Engineering for such roles as Vehicle Systems Engineering, Electrical Design and Release, High Voltage Wire Harness Design and Packaging, Embedded Software Development and Algorithm Research, AUTOSAR Model Based System Design, Validation, Hardware in the Loop Integration, Functional Safety, Vehicle Triage, SWAT and Launch Support, etc.
What you’ll be doing:
You are responsible for leading the design and development of an automotive ECU in the following areas: Electrical Hardware, software, functional safety, ECU diagnostics and software/ electrical hardware degradation strategy to ensure successful vehicle launch. Responsibilities include:
· Designing of ADAS/Chassis features through hands on in-vehicle and laboratory development
· Work with selected suppliers to make sure system meets all customer functional objectives
· Interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications
· Develop and maintain system FMEAs and supporting functional Safety activities for features/ECU
· Support validation and testing
What you need for this position:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
· Experience with component/module design and release
· Full understanding of automotive ECU development process
· CAN experience including tools like Vector CANAlyzer, CANOE, CANAPE, neoVI
· Outstanding communication and organization skills
· Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers
· 3+ years of engineering experience (Electronic component or ECU development)
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 04 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.