Automotive Signaling Technical Project Manager
About Cognizant’s Mobility Practice:
Cognizant Mobility is the premier automotive engineering services division of Cognizant that is focused on smart connected vehicle engineering and software delivery. Our clients include well known Automotive OEMs and Electric/Autonomous Start Up Companies that leverage our automotive engineering expertise.
We are looking for talented engineers with backgrounds in Electrical and Computer Engineering for such roles as Vehicle Systems Engineering, Electrical Design and Release, High Voltage Wire Harness Design and Packaging, Embedded Software Development and Algorithm Research, AUTOSAR Model Based System Design, Validation, Hardware in the Loop Integration, Functional Safety, Vehicle Triage, SWAT and Launch Support, etc.
You will be involved in the design, implementation, and validation of software for a variety of vehicle features, such as: starting, locking, lighting, alarms, windows, powered closures, seats, climate control, and others. In this role you will focus on software development and integration of application layer software for the body control modules. You will leverage Adaptive AUTOSAR and implement in C++ for a QNX RTOS.
What you will be able to do:
· Technical project management to plan and manage the development and delivery of Software for Electrical and Electronic subsystems.
· Interface with cross functional teams – System, Software, Feature, Suppliers, manufacturing, test & quality to define and drive development plans ensuring on time SW delivery with highest quality.
· Deeply engage in the design & development engineering process and manage projects from concept through production.
· Help resolve technical issues or, at a minimum, lead the forum where solution options are discussed and drive to a conclusion.
· Communicate and present project status, highlight schedule risks, and develop recovery plans in the event of project slip.
· Ensure that development, validation, and delivery are according to ISO26262 and ASPICE process guidelines.
· Develop and maintain the overall timing plan for Job1 delivery for the Embedded Software
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
· 3+ years’ experience in SW Program Management in a technical software discipline
· Ability to understand complex technical issues and to present adjusted levels of detail based on target audience
· Exceptional ability in obtaining results through collaboration with individuals from diverse backgrounds, with strong personality traits, and with divergent priorities
· 5+ years delivering ASIL rated products to production
· 3+ years’ experience in SW Program Management in a technical software discipline within the automotive domain
· Project Management Professional certification or equivalent
· Understanding of automotive product development processes, including software development and release requirements
· Understanding of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems – ADAS
· Deep knowledge of Agile development methodologies as a practitioner
· Extensive experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc), and GitHub source code management tool
· Knowledge of the ISO26262 Functional Safety Standard
Keywords: Automotive, AUTOSAR, Embedded, Software, C++, Project Management
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 16 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.