In this role, your primary objective is to develop statistical and machine learning models and analytical solutions for various business functions in Synchrony, including consumer/commercial acquisition risk, customer behaviors, customer experience, marketing, operation risk, etc. This includes model design, data extraction, model development, model documentation and validation, communicating to stake holders, and relevant ad-hoc analysis.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Lead the discussions with business stakeholders to design appropriate model specifications to solve business problems;
- Develop statistical and machine learning models using large datasets to predict performance targets per model design specifications;
- Extract and manipulate large datasets from data warehouses and Hadoop to prepare for modeling samples, using SQL, SAS, Python, Spark and other tools.
- Lead the design and development of scalable, efficient processes for large scale data analyses, model development, and model implementation;
- Solve modeling and ad-hoc problems creatively with strategic insights;
- Lead third party vendors to develop custom models for Synchrony, and evaluate such solutions for their efficacy and risks;
- Write model documentation and support model validation process. Ensure modeling process compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory guidance;
- Keep pace with the latest developments in risk modeling, data science, machine learning and regulatory environment in order to provide expert guidance to the business functions;
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics) OR a High School Diploma/GED and 9+ years of experience in quantitative field with analytical modeling experience in Data Science or Statistical Modeling.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience, including:
- 5+ year work experience in statistical modeling within financial services or related industries; OR Master’s/PhD degree and 3+ year experience
- 5+ year experience with large scale data manipulation within data warehouse or big data platforms; OR Master’s/PhD degree and 3+ year experience
- 5+ year experience with SAS, SQL, Python or other data science programming languages; OR Master’s/PhD degree and 3+ year experience
- Direct experience with the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12) or demonstrated experience adhering to SYF Model Risk Management Policy;
- Direct experience with the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12) or demonstrated experience adhering to SYF Model Risk Management Policy
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative fields;
- 5+ year work experience in statistical modeling within financial services or related industries;
- 5+ year experience with large scale data manipulation within data warehouse or big data platforms;
- 5+ year experience with SAS, SQL, Python or other data science programming languages;
- 3+ year experience with machine learning modeling using Python, PySpark, Tensorflow, or similar software systems;
- 3+ year experience with the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12);
- 3+ year experience with model documentation and ability to explain technical items to business stake holders;
- Understanding of credit scoring models; understanding of credit bureau, master file, and transaction data;
- Strong project management and execution skills, with attention to details;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving, and inter-personal skills, with flexibility to adapt to matrix organization structure;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.