This AWS Developer Role is a great opportunity to support the Army Human Resources Command with migrating personnel applications to a cloud environment. The developer will play a key role in achieving the Armys goal of modernization and innovation to improve cyber-security and application performance and lower cost of ownership. The ideal candidate will have experience with refactoring applications to operate in Amazon Web Services.
The AWS Developer will be accountable for:
- Working side-by-side with requirements analysts or domain experts to build out functionality.
- Securing web applications through Policy, Firewall, ACL, or network configuration within AWS.
- Building data models and implementing database solutions from the back end.
- Working within a fast-paced DevOps team environment with the ability to take a requirement from user story to production implementation.
- Taking on the role of application engineer or solution architect to assess other systems or applications migrating to and modernizing in the same Federal Agency cloud environment.
- Explaining to agency leadership and system owners the possible solutions, from a lift and shift approach to complete re-development, re-code, re-host, re-platform, or re-architect and explaining the benefits/constraints/level of effort of each approach.
- Working with the Project Manager to develop migration plans for various migration or modernization solutions.
- Engineering solutions while learning new technologies and modernization methods.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8570 Compliant (Security+ or higher)
- 5 years of experience developing applications in .NET, Java, or others, preferably with experience moving from IaaS server-side coding to PaaS or serverless, such as, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Beanstalk, AWS Lambda functions, Azure Functions, Azure Automation, or Azure App Service
Other Desired Experience:
- RestfulAPI dev
- Angular and Typeshift
- Oracle and SQL
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.