Experian Consumer Services – Careers That Define The Next Big (Data) Thing for Consumers
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider taking your career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the disruptor and market leader we pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position Experian Consumer Services has enjoyed for more than a decade and we’re always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
When you’re the leader, it’s always urgent, important and market-changing. We think that defines the true disruptive business. Join us and create some chaos for the competition.
The Senior AWS DevOps Engineer is a hands-on technical position responsible for designing and implementing enhancements, extensions, and improvements to our Platform as a Service solution in a cloud-computing environment. Based on a developer self-service model, our Platform automates:
– AWS resource provisioning and management (based on immutable compute resources)
– Build pipeline supporting Continuous Delivery, including support for canary and blue green releases
– Container based delivery (Docker)
– Micro-service support (service registry, service-to-service authentication)
– Event management and analysis via logging and event data pipelines
– Instrumentation, monitoring, notification, and alerting
– Data pipeline from transaction support (Dynamo) to BI (RedShift)
– Manage efforts to convert existing on premise data center hosted systems to cloud based IaaS, PaaS or SaaS
The current Platform has been implemented primarily as infrastructure as code, so experience with Python, or equivalent deep experience with other scripting or infra-coding tools is essential. The Platform is being managed as a true software product (story backlog, product roadmap, developer involvement in product direction), so Agile Product Oriented Development experience is also important.
– Collaborate with engineering teams to identify Platform needs and issues
– Author Agile stories, estimate story points, assist with sprint planning and retrospectives
– Design and build platform support for resource provisioning and build pipeline in AWS
– Design and deploy cloud platform capabilities using AWS (full stack – network, load balancing, DNS, security, databases, compute, and a range of managed services)
– Creating monitoring and alerting capabilities
– Implement infrastructure capabilities in an automated cloud world – such as backups, security tools, IAM, monitoring, etc.
– Perform advanced technical troubleshooting for cloud and e-commerce environments
– 5+ years experience in Ops or DevOps role, focused on build pipeline or infrastructure management
– Production experience with public cloud (AWS, Google or Azure – AWS strongly preferred)
– Fluency in Python or other programming or scripting language
– Proficiency in software and systems design and architecture
– Experience with a variety of open source technologies and tools in support of cross-team collaboration
– Bachelor of Science or comparable experience
– Strong knowledge of the DevOps tool chain on the AWS Linux platform: Jenkins, Nexus OSS, python/ java, ansible, puppet, chef, code pipeline, confluence, git, jasmine, chocolaty, cloud formation, etc.
– Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber or Server Spec
– Experience with automated load testing tools (Soasta)
– Experience deploying automation solutions in a public cloud environment such as AWS
– Linux system administration experience
– Operationally savvy, experience with monitoring, alerting, and analyzing system metrics to identify problems and understand system behavior
– Ability to work in a fast paced, e-commerce environment
– Strong communication and collaboration skills
– Strong problem solving skills
– A passion for innovation
– Collaboration, drive open communication and reach across functional bordersBenefits and Compensation:
Experian offers flexible benefits and compensation packages that allow our employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyles. Some of the benefits that we provide for full-time employees include the following:
– Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
– Minimum 15 days flexible time off, additional sick time, plus 10 paid holidays
– 401K and company matching
– Casual, fun environmentEqual Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.