Tracking Code 3073-736
Ipsos is the global market research leader with over 16,000 employees spread across offices in 88 countries, who help our clients – governments, Fortune 500 companies, and major international NGOs shape the world around us.
We are currently seeking a mid-level back-end developer to join the U.S. group and support our Risk Analytics Division. You will become a part of the team, which – among other interesting projects – works on real time political risk analytics, including global election and public opinion forecasting.
A great candidate will be a self-starter with strong work ethic, methodical approach to problem solving and burning desire to answer challenging questions. Previous experience on working with real time data streams is strongly preferred. Previous management experience of small devops team is preferred but not required. Bonus points for that unique mix of intelligence and drive.
You will be an even better fit for our team if:
– You can build web services in your sleep.
– You know how to use systemd, upstart, supervisor, forever or other tools to manage long running processes.
– You have experience with cloud hosting and you have managed and scaled applications in such environments, a big plus if it’s AWS.
– You have a deep love of containerized services and Docker is your favorite thing ever.
– You have heard of people implementing Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and/or Artificial Intelligence technologies to solve complex business problems and you think you could do it too.
– You have extensive experience with with Kafka, Elasticsearch, BigQuery, Aurora, or Spark.
– You scrape the web or process data streams or automate calls to APIs.
– You want to build something new, from the ground up and have a hand in every aspect of that process.
– If you’re asked to do something you’ve never done before, you are willing to learn and try.
– You know that this list is far from comprehensive and you’re cool with that.
– You have a relevant degree and have been doing this for 5-6 years
*This position can be located in our Washington DC or NYC.
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Company Location US – Washington – K Street (*******)
Company Location Description US – WASHINGTON – K STREET
Department USPA PS & Healthcare Services (09738)
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.