The Sears ecommerce order management team is seeking an experienced Back-end Developer with a strong engineering background, experience and passion for managing Java/J2EE applications and MySQL databases at large scale. If you’re a highly skilled, experienced software engineer and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance global teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance and continuous process improvement, then we want you to come join us.
– You will be a key engineer creating solutions for a premier platform that will be used by millions of customers.
– You will develop, architect and support back-end services that integrate with many different systems calling these services from within and outside of our immediate ecosystem including 3rd party vendors as well as other systems within Sears.
– You have a breadth of knowledge and experience in developing and supporting back-end services with a strong focus on Agile delivery, test driven development, continuous integration and performance / load test output and analysis and remediation.
– You develop with focus of support in mind with logging and graphing of service and server performance as part of delivery of code.
– You should have a deep technical understanding of back-end service technologies, tools and architectures and know how to troubleshoot functional, technical, performance and architecture issues with a passion for results.
– You should have the willingness to learn new technologies on the go.
– You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our Agile transformational journey.
– Designing and developing highly scalable and highly available enterprise solutions
– Working effectively with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) and collaborating with global development teams
– Integrating with and managing APIs exposing microservices (REST, SOAP)
– Developing in a strong test driven development approach
– Reviews and influences overall architecture design and tools
– Strong contributor to the output of a small technical team
– Leads code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed
– Creates self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicates intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews
Job Requirements/Required Skills:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
– 2-5 years of related experience
– Proficiency with full stack development in Java
– Proficiency using Java frameworks, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL
– Familiarity with JBoss and/or Tomcat technologies
– Familiarity with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka or IBM MQ is a plus
– Strong knowledge of OO design including extensive utilization of design patterns
– Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services
– Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployments using Jenkins
– A knack for writing, clean, readable, maintainable code (with Tests!)
– Experience in working in an agile development environment
– Like learning new technology, patterns, methodologies, domains of knowledge
– Have the ability to solve problems, put the customer first, work independently with limited oversight and communicate clearly
– Participation through completion of multiple releases of a complex software project
– Analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale applications
– Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity theory
Job ID: ******BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sears Holdings Management Corporation provides corporate services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its family of companies, including Sears Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. Contact Info
– Hoffman Estates, IL
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.