Our client company is an exciting Boston-based start-up that is developing the world's first DNA-based platform for massive digital data storage and computation. This is ground-breaking work that virtually no other companies have had the foresight to pursue. Using synthetic DNA to store data is a much more energy-efficient, cost-competitive, and secure way than traditional ways.
They received $35M in Series B funding and are looking to scale up their team. This is a great opportunity to break into a very ground-breaking field.
They are looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to help build high performance software that implements their computing architecture. They are looking for someone with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms, preferably with experience in an R&D environment.
This position is Full-time and would be hybrid, with their office located in Charlestown, Massachusetts.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Background in algorithms and data structures, preferably within a R&D setting
- 1 year+ of software engineering experience in an R&D environment
- Python and C/C++ programming experience in a Linux environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Application domain experience in scientific computing, information retrieval, optimization, signal processing, or ML is a plus
- Superior mathematical, technical, and interpersonal communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on the DNA computation pipelines, closely collaborating with the research, chemistry, and hardware engineering teams
- Build high quality software that implements the company’s computing architecture
- Write code in Python to help develop design and modeling tools for chemistry teams
- Developing algorithms and data structures and implementing them on the platform
- Bonus eligible
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.