Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to build the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an outstanding pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are currently looking to hire a software engineer with experience in designing and developing applications. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push the technology forward.
The project that you will be working on is a search engine that powers end user’s search and browse experience for media content across Set Top Boxes, Mobile Apps and Xfinity Flex devices. With a customer base of 30 million plus (and growing) we deal with about 1.5 billion requests per day. The video content catalog is constantly growing which always poses a challenge to engineers to ensure that the system is at optimal performance returning results in a few hundred milliseconds even during peak usage of the system. The project is built on microservice architecture with about 300 instances across multiple data centers which are hosted on public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Analyze requirements, design, develop and unit test code.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Collaborate across Development, QA and Ops teams.
- Requires 5 to 8 years related experience and BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in Java, Scala, Play Framework, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity of the Linux command-line.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed. For e.g Python, Golang.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and extremely well in an Agile/SCRUM team setting.
- Proactive, inquisitive and always looking for a challenge and want to constantly grow as a professional.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.