BI Developer, Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that stands among the world’s most renowned education institutions. With ground-breaking brain science, path-breaking performances, creative start-ups, big data, big ambitions, hands-on learning, and a whole lot of robots, CMU doesn’t imagine the future, we invent it. If you’re passionate about joining a community that challenges the curious to deliver work that matters, your journey starts here!
The Computing Services central IT department provides services that have strategic impact on university goals. We make service decisions based on interaction and valuable input from colleagues engaged in the education, research and administration efforts of the university. We are a learning organization and approach successes and mistakes as a learning experience to continually cultivate a culture of intelligent risk taking. We want to hire versatile team members who are inspired and passionate about their work. Join us and be part of a team committed to excellence, innovation, diversity, team and individual growth.
As a BI Developer, you will establish Data Standardization, customization and ad-hoc data analysis initiatives in support of the Information as an Asset Framework, and will develop the mechanisms to gather, analyze, validate, normalize, and clean data.
Your responsibilities will include defining and implementing data lineage procedures, implementing data quality procedures on new data sources, developing and maintaining data models and repositories, as well as contributing to insights on data analytics and visualization concepts, methods and techniques.
You will design, develop, and maintain data structures, metadata to support reporting, and analytics at Carnegie Mellon University. In this role, you will work in an agile environment, collaborating with members of a data governance team, ETL developers, report developers, data quality analysts and systems analysts to empower members of the CMU to make data-driven decisions.
– BS degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant field or equivalent combination of training and experience
– Two to three years of experience with dimensional data models, data integration, data quality, and general Data Warehouse ETL best practices
– Data conversions between systems and ETL strategies (using tools such as Informatica, Mulesoft, Pentaho etc.)
– Familiarity with logical dimensional data models, and how to implement them as a physical data model
– One or two years of Dashboard and Report Design Experience (Tableau, PowerBI, or SSRS)
– User Experience in interface design, such as HTML/CSS Web Front End Design
– Thorough knowledge of BI/DW concepts, best practices, methodologies and iterative development methodology
– Knowledge of databases and SQL
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Knowledge of statistical procedures and applied data validation mechanisms
– Experience/Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
– Experience with data governance tools such as Collibra
– Big data and Machine Learning
– Familiarity with Master Data Management (MDM)
– Familiarity with basic modeling tools
– Requirements gathering techniques for business metrics and dimensional data
– Data modeling techniques that include relational, dimensional, NoSQL, and document databases
– Master Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: ***************************************
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.Information TechnologyUnited States-Pennsylvania-PittsburghFull TimeAC FINANCIAL SYSTEMS (COMP SVCS)Bachelor’s Degree or equivalentNegotiable
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.