Big data -application developer
Ref No.: 18-27261
Location: Tampa, Florida
POSITION: Big Data – Application Developer
LOCATION: Tampa , FL
DURATION: Full Time/ Contract
OVERVIEW : This is a Big Data Application Developer Specialist role in a fast paced technology delivery organization supporting regulatory compliance. This position will work in Big Data solution development team and will closely work with program managers, project managers, architects and other stakeholders. The individual will need work with a multi-technology/cross-functional team and customer stakeholders to guide a full life-cycle of a Big Data solution. Strong technical hands on knowledge in Big data is required for this position. The individual will be responsible for ensuring technical design, development, system integration testing ,production deployment activities and analyzing/troubleshooting production issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES : The responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
– Working with large data sets with hands-on technology skills to design and build robust Data & Analytics solutions.
– Strong understanding of Data & Analytics platforms, ETL , Data Quality in the context of Big Data.
– Able to perform open source Hadoop stack Hands-on implementation, configuration management, monitoring, performance tuning and other activities.
– Write reusable code in Hive, Java, Scala, Unix etc. Perform end to end testing to achieve desired functionality.
– Engage with business analysts to understand business requirements and translate them to technical design, ensuring full requirements traceability.
– Perform code reviews, unit and system testing to ensure application modules are working as per the requirements.
– Perform batch performance benchmarking and tuning.
– Provide technical guidance to the other project team members and ensure quality through periodic code reviews.
– 6+ Years of experience
– Strong Big Data technology knowledge preferably on Cloudera release of Hadoop ecosystem
– Extensive hands on experience with all components in Hadoop ecosystem – including but not limited to – Hive, Spark, Pig, Scala, Core Java, Oozie, Yarn, Sqoop, Impala, MicroStrategy and Datameer & End-to-end software development lifecycle experience on large Big Data projects preferably in a financial services organization
– Prior experience in SQL, ETL and Data warehousing projects.
– Prior hands-on experience with Oracle databases and data modeling is preferred.
– Working experience with teams spread across many countries and time zones
– Good team player interested in sharing knowledge and cross-training other team members and shows interest in learning new technologies and products
– Prior experience with Linux, UNIX and MS Windows application deployment platforms
– Strong communications skills.
– Experience with AML monitoring standards, processes and technologies in a large financial services organization is preferred.
– Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.